If you are looking for something that is filling, tasty and plant based, look no further than this gorgeous dish.
Serves: Up to 4
Cook time: Approximately 20 minutes
You will need:
1bsp of Olive Oil
2 thinly sliced Red Onions
8 vegan sausages
2 crushed cloves of garlic
300g dried pasta
200g baby leaf spinach
1. Fill a medium sized pot with water, add salt (remember, pasta water should taste like the Mediterranean sea), bring to the boil, then cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
1. Heat your oil in non stick frying pan, then add in the onions and fry for around 4 minutes over a medium heat.
2. Cut up your sausages into little pieces and then add to the onions along with your garlic, cooking for 6-8 minutes. Tip: if the sausages start to stick, add a small bit of water to the mix.
3. Add the spinach and season the dish with a little bit of salt and pepper. Stir the dish for around 3 minutes, until the spinach leaves have wilted.
4. Drain your pasta and stir in a bit of olive oil to keep everything from sticking together, then mix everything together.
5. Serve and enjoy!
For an extra little surprise, add in some croutons, or serve with home made vegan garlic bread.